CON Bible Study
August 27, 2017
STUDY 35: ELEVENTH SUNDAY IN TRINITY August 27, 2017
SUB-THEME/5: PREREQUISITES FOR HEALING THE LAND
TOPIC: Righteous Deeds.
TEXT: Eph 4:22-32.
understand the meaning of righteous deeds and its various forms;
realise the importance and impact of righteous deeds on a land/people;
be able to produce different forms of righteous deeds.
Righteous deeds are things done in righteousness by those whose righteousness is of God, by the blood of Christ. Otherwise, man’s ‘righteous’ deeds are like filthy rags to God. (Note the difference between good works and righteous deeds in this study). Righteous deeds include lifestyles, conducts, works done for God’s glory, our obligations to God and men etc. They must be done in faith with God as the object or focus. We should let actions be guided by the Holy Spirit and the scriptures. Then, we should avoid self, shun eye service and do no boasting.
- How will you describe righteous deeds from Eph 4:22-32; Acts 9:36-38.
- Why are Christians expected to have righteous deeds? II Peter 1:5-8; Titus 3:8; Acts 9:36-42; Prov. 14:34; etc.
- What impact will righteous deed shave on our land? Lev 19:9, 10; Deut 28:1-5; Prov. 29:2.
- What will enable Christians do righteous deeds, Heb 12:11; II Cor. 9:8-10; Rom 5:19; 6:16?
- What potential dangers are there when we don’t do righteous deeds, II Peter 1:5-10; John 15:2?
- What are the promises of God to those who are rich in righteous deeds? Psa. 37:18; Prov. 21:21; Isa 60:21.
As believers, who live holy and preach holiness; we attract others to Christ from their sinful ways that will bring the wrath of God and keep them under the torment of the Devil. The healing of a people is expected to result in righteous deeds.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Righteous deeds brings righteous acts from both God and men (Prov. 21:21).
MEMORY VERSE: Titus 3:8.
For more visit: BlessedTechnologies.Com
Or download Doc. Filehere